Petmate indigo igloo dog house
Weight: 29 pounds
Average customer rating: 8.6/10
WHAT EXACTLY IS IT?
Also referred to as a “Dogloo” this design imitates a real life igloo – right down to the ice-block imprints on the structure!
The tunnel doorway and a ventilation opening in the roof offer great protection from the weather – either wet and windy, or scorching sun. The interior is designed to be dry and comfortable at all times, with a special foam that keeps your dog cool in the heat and warm in the cold.
You might look at this and think, what about moisture build up and all the nasty bugs and build ups that come along with that? This dog house is built using Microban, and as the name suggests it works to combat microbes – or in layman’s terms, prevents mold, bacteria and mildew. And without these pesky little bugs, odors are kept to a minimum as well. Bonus!
FEATURES & BENEFITS?
|Plus Points||How it benefits your dog|
|Tunnel doorway||An extended entrance to give both extra room for your dog from the inside, and keep the elements away from the inside of the dog house|
|Built-in Microban protection||Stops growth of bacteria and fungi that generally thrive in warm, damp places (mold, mildew etc). Also keeps odors to a minimum.|
|Intelligent foam insulation||Structural foam adjusts with the temperature of your dog to warm them if it’s cold and prevent them over heating if it’s hot.|
|Ventilation opening is adjustable||You can have more or less air circulating, depending on the outside conditions, so you can decide what’s right for your dog.|
|Not too heavy||You can move it to a different place if needed|
WHAT ELSE IS GOOD ABOUT IT?
- Quite simply it’s cool and funky! Something a little bit different and definitely not an ordinary square dog house.
- The picture here shows a dog inside a large size igloo, so if you’re like me and like a little bit of extra room for your dog, the extra large size is perfect for most large breeds. To put this in context, I mean Labradors, German Shepherds, Rottweilers etc – not Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds, which would be too tall for this dog house. (These are expensive to ship back if the size is wrong, so always go for one large than you think you need – after all, the dog needs to be able to get through the opening!)
- There is a bit of depth to the bottom section, which means it’s unlikely water will get in from underneath either.
- You can also purchase a plastic door covering if you want one – this comes separately, but there are pre-screwed holes on the igloo to fit the door on.
is there anything not so good?
- Please don’t confuse structural foam, with foam bedding! Reading some of the reviews from other people, they were expecting a foam bed for their dogs. Structural foam is part of the build, so depending on your dog’s needs, you might want to purchase other things to put inside – whether bedding, or a heated pad in the winter etc.
If you have any questions, or comments you would like to make – please do so below. I am happy to help you out, Mara 🙂