Standard Size: for smaller dogs up to 55lb (other sizes are also available)
Weight: 49 pounds
Price check it now: at Amazon
WHAT EXACTLY IS IT?
An alternative option for exercising your dog, this is similar to a human treadmill but manufactured specifically for dogs. The overhead bar is included as part of the purchase.
There are variable programs for both speed and incline – just like the ones in a real gym!
WHY WOULD YOU NEED IT?
There are many different reasons a dog owner might wish to look into the use of a doggy treadmill. For example,
- your own health as a dog owner is not what it used to be. As a result you can’t physically get your dog out as much as you would like.
- your dog has been advised to lose weight by a vet and therefore an increased exercise regime has been suggested
- you experience very harsh winters where you live, so it is difficult to exercise your dog. Perhaps your pavements are steep and icy for much of the winter, or you want to keep your dog’s paws off the harsh salt and grit used to treat the hard surfaces outside
- your summer climate is just too darn hot to be outside when it is time to walk the dog. Nobody wants a dog to suffer in the heat, so perhaps an indoor exercise plan is a better option, where it’s shady and air-conditioned.
- rehabilitation for a dog recovering from injury or illness. Perhaps an outdoor environment is not ideal due to the number of distractions, or other dogs etc.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty on the motor
- Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty on the frame
- Exercise programs can be customized to suit each individual dog
- Suitable for smaller living environments
- Compact, portable folding design
- Great health benefits for your dog
Here is just a snippet of some of the customer reviews:
- Some dogs could take a while to get used to this piece of equipment. However, this can be overcome through the use of treats and/or plenty of praise and encouragement. In most cases the dogs get used to it very quickly and absolutely love it!
However, don’t fret if you are having problems getting to grips with training your dog how to use the treadmill. DogPacer have provided a video from their certified trainer to help you get going.
All-in-all the DogPacer Treadmill is a great option for exercising your dog if for whatever reason you can’t get out as much as you want or need to. The customer reviews are excellent, with nothing below 4 stars on Amazon at the time this was published.
Yes, it is quite an expensive piece of kit, but it is an investment in your dog’s health. It also takes away some of the stress from dog owners who are worried their dogs might not be getting enough exercise. If that sounds like you, then I would highly recommend this treadmill.
If you wish to leave any comments or feedback, please do so below.